Physics at IST Austria comprises theoretical and experimental approaches.
On the theory side, research areas include atomic molecular and optical physics (Lemeshko), theoretical condensed matter physics and quantum dynamics (Serbyn), mathematical physics (Seiringer), as well as biophysics (Tkacik). Experimental research is carried out in the areas of fluid dynamics/turbulence (Hof), nanoelectronics (Katsaros), quantum integrated devices (Fink), and nanoscale photonics for biology (Danzl).
COMPLETE physics RESEARCH GROUP DETAILS ON IST AUSTRIA’S MAIN SITE:
- Non-Linear and Time-Resolved Optical Spectroscopy of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems
- Nanoscale Photonics for Biology
- Mathematical Physics, Probability
- Quantum Integrated Devices
- Self-Organizing Principles in Biological Tissues
- Turbulence, Fluid Dynamics, Bio-Fluidics
- Quantum Sensing with Atoms and Light
- Functional Nanomaterials
- Theoretical Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
- Quantum Statistical Mechanics, Mathematical Physics
- Condensed Matter Theory & Quantum Dynamics
- Biophysics and Neuroscience