Physics at ISTA comprises theoretical and experimental approaches as well as astrophysics/astronomy.
On the theory side, research areas include atomic, molecular, and optical physics (Lemeshko), theoretical condensed matter physics and quantum dynamics (Serbyn), mathematical physics (Erdös, Seiringer), biophysics (Tkacik), physical principles in biological systems (Hannezo, Saric), soft matter theory and materials design (Goodrich), as well as computational materials science (Cheng).
Experimental research is carried out in the areas of fluid dynamics/turbulence (Hof), geophysical fluid dynamics (Muller), soft and complex materials (Waitukaitis, Palacci), quantum thermodynamics (Modic), nanoelectronics (Katsaros), quantum integrated devices (Fink), quantum sensing with atoms and light (Hosten), condensed matter and ultrafast optics (Alpichshev), nanoscale photonics for biology (Danzl), and NMR spectroscopy and biophysics (Schanda).
More info an what is going on and resources check out the Physics & Beyond page.
COMPLETE physics RESEARCH GROUP DETAILS ON ISTA’S MAIN SITE:
- Condensed Matter and Ultrafast Optics
- Ultrafast Quantum Phases and Spectroscopy
- Stellar Dynamics and Asteroseismology
- Stars and compact objects
- Computational Materials Science
- Massive Binary Stars
- High-resolution Optical Imaging for Biology
- Mathematics of Disordered Quantum Systems and Matrices
- Quantum Integrated Devices
- Materials Electrochemistry
- Theoretical and Computational Soft Matter
- Physical Principles in Biological Systems
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Turbulence
- Quantum Sensing with Atoms and Light
- Functional Nanomaterials
- Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Astrophysics of Galaxies
- Thermodynamics of Quantum Materials at the Microscale
- Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics
- Materiali Molli
- Emergent Electronic Phenomena in 2D Materials
- Biomolecular DesignFLORIAN PRAETORIUS
- Computational Soft and Living Matter
- Biomolecular Mechanisms from Integrated NMR Spectroscopy
- Mathematical Physics
- Condensed Matter Theory & Quantum Dynamics
- Information Processing in Biological Systems
- Soft and Complex Materials
Here is a video presenting the Physics study track.
In case you cannot access YouTube, this video is also available here.
You can also find more information on upcoming Talks, Events and Courses on the dedicated Physics, Chemistry and Maths site physicsandbeyond.
Discover ISTA Alumni’s Inspiring Stories
Explore our alumni stories!
Get to know Morris Brooks and how our Graduate School shaped its successful career!